Introducing Ann DeCarr, RN, OCN
Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute Patient Care Navigator
With a mother who passed away from breast cancer in the 60s, Ann has a close connection to the special needs of cancer patients and their families. Ann has been an oncology nurse since 1999. Her experience with her patients had such an impact that she became an Oncology Certified Nurse in 2005.
Although her focus is on cancer care, she is there to make sure patients are well taken care of and can come to her for all types of issues.
Her responsibilities include:
- Assessing the individual and personal needs of you and your family
- Helping direct patients on the best pathway to treatment
- Being a single point of contact for all patient questions
- Providing patient education information
- Communicating with physicians, support service personnel, family members
and others on your behalf
- Providing follow-up and ongoing support
- Assisting with referrals and appointments
- Aiding patients with paperwork